Prisons and Mental Institutions rely on Humane Restraint to assist with restricting the motions of restrained persons. The limb holders come in pairs to attach straps to each side of the bed, chair or gurney. Each strap has a cuff lined with neoprene for added comfort. The restraints can be purchased with an easy hook and loop closure (commonly known as Velcro) or an L-400 lock.
Humane Restraint Polypropylene Limb Holder Wrist Restraint
may vary. See item title & description for details.
The nylon wrist restraints are designed to help prevent confrontational prisoners and patients from harming themselves or others. It also allows medical professionals and institution personnel to administer care to the wearer without interference.
- The limb holder is easy to clean and lightweight.
- Color coded for quick and easy identification.
- The initial quick hook and loop closure keeps the cuff closed while the chosen secondary closure offers additional security.
- The secondary option of the hook and loop is for quick and easy closure while the L-400 lock is for security. The lock promotes authorized release only.
- The limb restraints are typically used in hospitals, detention and correctional facilities, psychiatric institutions, law enforcement and EMS.
- Wrist restraints are 12" long and 2" wide with 4" of hook and loop. Strap to secure to bed or chair is 48" long and 1" wide.
- Approx. weight is 15 oz per pair.
- Dry clean or machine wash at less than 280°F with hook and loop in closed position. Hook and loop may be cleaned with a lint brush. When decontaminating, use bleach during laundering.
- Keep limb restraints away from open flames, and store at a temperature lower than 280°F with hook and loop in a closed position.
- Instructions: Open all closures and lay the restraint flat with additional straps to the left. Place the limb in the center of the cuff. Take the left side of the cuff and place it over the limb. Then take the right side of the cuff and place it over the left side, sealing the hook and loop by pressing. Place the secondary strap (from the left) over the top of the cuff and loop it through the loop, or lock following instructions on back. Pull the tail of the secondary strap back over the cuff and seal the second layer of hook and loop by pressing. Take the control strap and loop it under and around the anchor point. Then loop it through the teeth of the buckle from the bottom, across the top of the buckle, and through the open section of the back of the buckle, or lock following instructions on back. Pull the tail end tight, place it back over itself and seal the hook and loop by pressing. Use the same procedure for the other limb.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Type of product||Wrist Restraint|
|Safety Warning||Do not use for prolonged periods of time. Improper adjustment may prohibit proper circulation.|
|Minimum Shipping latency||1|