Ships within 1 day
/ 1 Each
The ShowerBuddy Ergonomic Shower Transfer System will give the simple joy of showering independently back to you or your loved one. The system converts your existing bathroom into a handicapped accessible bathroom so you can enjoy showering again without the expense, delay and stress of a full bathroom remodel. The ShowerBuddy SB1 alleviates heavy lifting for family members and caregivers, eliminating multiple transfers for toileting and showering. This unique internationally patented shower transfer system allows the user to toilet and shower in one easy and seamless trip. The shower transfer system features many safety mechanisms and can be used for adults, children, geriatrics and immobile or handicapped persons. The ShowerBuddy requires a tool-free assembly to ensure a quick and easy setup.
ShowerBuddy Ergonomic Shower Transfer System
Image for illustration purposes only, actual product
may vary. See item title & description for details.
may vary. See item title & description for details.
Transferring people may involve a number of manual handling tasks. Showerbuddy has undertaken numerous trials and design revisions to provide a better ergonomic design and a safer solution for both caregiver and user while reducing the number of transfers. Undertaking a shower transfer produces particular difficulties such as how to grip the person and the need to counter unpredictable movements. The ShowerBuddy is an ergonomic, economical and efficient choice for curbing these issues. Patients and the elderly can take a shower with dignity, ease and comfort.
- The ShowerBuddy allows a patient to shower and toilet in one easy trip, with one single transfer.
- The Showerbuddy is an ergonomically designed wheelchair with a built in commode.
- The shower transfer unit has detachable front rails and bridge so the shower door or curtain can be closed for full privacy. The track can be left in place or positioned before each use.
- The unit allows for a 360 degree rotation for a more thorough shower.
- The shower transfer unit has a full aluminum frame (Grade 6061 T6) and stainless steel hardware (Grade 304).
- The ShowerBuddy comes with lap and chest belts, 5” locking casters, commode system and a tapered cushion with tailbone recess.
- The ShowerBuddy shower system has snap together components.
- The wheelchair has dual locking casters for added safety and security.
- The ShowerBuddy has removable/ lockable/ flip-back arms for the easy transfer of patient in and out of the wheelchair.
- The wheelchair footrests are adjustable and removable. The height adjusts from 21.5" to 24.2".
- The shower wheelchair has a back support designed to prevent lateral movement.
- The shower transfer system eliminates slip hazards and costly construction while maintaining the privacy and dignity of the patient. This unique system allows for the patient to shower and use the toilet in one easy trip, utilizing only one transfer.
- The shower transfer system has two safety catches for chair positioning.
- The unit has improved access to intimate areas for hygienic bathing.
- The ShowerBuddy shower transfer system is simple to disassemble and easy to clean. The wheelchair has bacteria-resistant foam padding.
- The shower transfer system is adjustable to fit most bathrooms. The unit is ideal for showers with a small threshold.
- The ShowerBuddy shower system alleviates heavy lifting and unnecessary transfers since fewer transfers are needed with the unit.
- The shower transfer system has a 350 lbs. (160kg) weight capacity.
- Dimensions of the ShowerBuddy are: rolling base: 18.4?W x 22? D, rolling base with footrest: 18.4?W x 26.5?D, back width: 18?, back rest height from seat: 17”, floor-to-seat height: 21.5? - 24.2? (adjustable), max toilet height clearance: 21?, bridge length (standard): 16?, inside arm to arm width: 18.7?, outside arm to arm width: 22.5?, seat dimensions: 17.7?W x 16.5?D, shower base (over suction cup feet): 19.2? x 19.2?, commode seat opening: 6.8?W x 13?L.
- The chair and transfer system was designed for efficient infection control by avoiding any build-up of body fluids or waste water by incorporating drainage pathways within the chair frame and parts, using smooth powder coated finishes for an easy clean surface, using sealed PU foam seating cushions, neck rest and arm rests for easy wipe cleaning and no porosity, using easily replaceable seat cushions and other PU parts (if required), using a high grade 6061 T6 Aluminum frame, providing a non-corrosive solution and no rust or deterioration, using grade 304 Stainless Steel for all mechanical parts and hardware, using POM non-porous plastic for high strength moving parts, using PA grade non-porous plastic for ease of cleaning exposed parts.
- The ShowerBuddy has a two year limited warranty. The warranty covers material and workmanship defects on all Showerbuddy products. Exclusions to the warranty are damage from normal wear and tear, damage caused by failure to adhere to the user’s manual, damage from improper installation or repair, the brake line that operates the handbrake / tilt mechanism on the tilting chair units, improper use of the hand ratchet that is used in adjusting the neck support, seat cushions. Showerbuddy offers a lifetime warranty on the frame. The lifetime warranty excludes all exclusions listed in the two year warranty, all components that are not welded to the frame itself. The warranty is void if the original serial number tag is removed or altered, the unit sustains fire damage, the unit sustains damage from unnatural causes, the unit is used to hold more than the weight limit of 350 pounds, the unit has been subjected to neglect, improper maintenance, storage or operation as defined in the User’s Manual, the unit is modified without Showerbuddy’s written consent. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser from the date of the purchase provided a registration card has been submitted to the manufacturer within 60 days of purchase.
- The ShowerBuddy has many accessories that can be added to the unit. Accessories include a custom bridge, neckrest, headrest, cushion overlay, tensioned backrest, lateral side supports, pediatric seat adaptor, body positioning belt, shower base risers, pediatric converter, various arm rests and cushions. Search our site for all these additional accessories or call us for help.
- The shower transfer system works for handicapped or immobile adults, children and geriatrics.
- The ShowerBuddy was created in New Zealand in 2003.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Type of product||Shower Transfer System|
|Warranty||2 year limited|
|Minimum Shipping latency||1|
|Shipping Dimensions||30L X 25H X 23W|