Ships within 3 days
/ 1 Each
Latex tubing: how do I use thee? Let us count the ways. The Grafco latex tubing is used for a wide array of projects, ranging from medical to lab to automotive to sports to science projects to industrial. Latex is used for its excellent elasticity and memory after repeated pulsating and stretching. The Grafco latex tubing is seamless, sterilizable, lumen free of striations for clear passage of liquids and gases. Tubing is extensively leached, washed and surface treated to virtually undetectable protein levels, which are 99.9% protein-free.
Graham Field Latex Tubing, 50ft
Latex tubing is used in a wide variety of industries, such as agriculture, pharmaceutical, automotive, laboratory, and medicine. Applications for latex tubing include blood and fluid handling, peristaltic pumps, electrical and thermal insulation, analytical systems, intravenous solutions, and food and beverage handling.
- Latex tubing applications include medical, dental, exercise, therapy, general laboratory, and food/beverage. However, this is often used for many alternative purposes (spelled out below).
- Tubing is extensively leached, washed and surface-treated to 99.9% protein-free.
- Seamless latex tubing which is free of striations lumen for clear passage of liquids and/or gases.
- Memory is maintained even after repeated stretching to procure ultimate elasticity.
- The latex tubing's translucency and uniformity of color provides an unobstructed observation of liquid flow line.
- The latex tubing has impressive gripping power which enables the tubing to grip tenaciously to connectors.
- The latex tubing is on a dispenser reel and come in a 50' roll in 3 random lengths. This means, the roll is non-continuous - it comes in multiple segments.
- The tubing is sterilizable. The latex tubing's sterilization options are Autoclave-Steam under pressure, please check with autoclave equipment manufacturer for recommendations. Latex tubing manufacturer's experience is to use 250°F for 20 minutes. The product will withstand repeated sterilizations. Ethylene Oxide-Humidity, gas, and heat sterilization process. Parts must be accessible to gas. Oxyfume gas: 12% EtO + 88% Freon. Gamma-Cobalt 60 Gamma radiation penetrates the latex tubing easily. Do not radiate latex tubing in an elongated state, 1.5 to 2.5 megarads have little to no effect on rubber recipes on these tubing.
- The latex tubing should last as long as you take care of it. The sun, heat, even extreme cold will shorten its lifespan.
- Tests performed on Latex Tubing include: I. U.S.P. Biological Reactivity Tests, in VIVO, ClassVI - Acute Systemic Toxicity - Intracutaneous Toxicity - Implantation Test II. U.S.P. Heavy Metals, Trace Metals,
- Latex tubing materials are natural rubber (Latex), Polyisoprene Rubber.
- Product meets requirements of A-A-52047 type 1, 3, 4, & 5 and A-A-53848 All materials used in tubing meets FDA Title 21 CFR Section 177.2600,
- Although the latex tubing was created for surgical and medical purposes, it is used for a wide variety of projects. While our customers have used this product for the following uses, please note we are not asserting that these uses are effective or safe. The latex tubing has been used to thread electroluminescent wires through it, modifying vacuum or door sealers, as a crossbar for pole vaulting, for adult-operated slingshots, patching siding and windows, as a PEG tube extension, for industrial applications to attach to a Manometer, for a glider high-start launcher, as enema tubing, for stretchy band projects, craft work, help with shoulder exercises for pitching, and as "grippers" on manufacturing equipment. The latex tubing has also been used for help with anything that needs suspension, as a drain tube for a urinary leg bag, to sound proof truck doors, to replace ropes and bungee cords on a sailboat, to cover mounting screws in a fender pickup, hooking up Bunsen burners on a workbench, catapult and physics projects, as a feeder hose to a condenser, for engineering projects,as a tourniquet or emergency siphon, for making a funnelator, for wooden cross bows, fishing, to attach a urostomy pouch to a night drainage bag, to transfer liquids, air, or solids through its round and hollow center. Barbed fittings are used to connect tubing or redirect flow in a fluid handling system. Let us know what you use your latex tubing for so we can share with our other customers!
- Caution: This product contains natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Type of product||Latex Tubing|
|Minimum Shipping latency||3|